What You Should Know Before Switching To Natural Gas
- Our Premium Heating Oil burns cleaner than Natural Gas. An 11% blend is as clean as Natural Gas; our product is a 20% blend.
- Converting your current system will cost thousands, sometimes far exceeding the cost of upgrading your current system.
- Natural Gas prices are controlled by the commodities market, just like heating oil and gasoline. Although prices might be lower and more appealing, this could change quickly and the price situation could even reverse in the future. Meanwhile, to switch back you'd have to spend thousands again.
- When you compare the prices of heating your home with Oil or Natural gas on a BTU-for-BTU basis, you find that in 12 of the last 15 years, Heating Oil has been the better value in New York. That's also before you add in the extra charges that the utilities tack on to the quoted price.
- Once you switch to Natural Gas there is only one choice for a company. If you have a problem with billing or personnel you can't "Fire" that company and start using a new company, you're stuck with the Utility Corp in your area.
- If you're concerned about the environment, Natural Gas has had numerous stories about leaks and the environmental effects. Stories like this one from the Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ezra-klein/post/the-big-question-mark-on-fracking/2012/02/28/gIQAebfXgR_blog.html) concerning fracking are available on the web stating that this drilling technique can be more environmentally hazardous that coal.
- Oil Heat is much safer than Natural Gas. You never hear stories of Oil Burners exploding and leveling homes and the carbon dioxide poisoning risk is much lower.
- Utility companies do not offer full service. Most customers have to find a private plumber for repairs and do not keep up with cleaning and maintenance on their systems. Our company offers a 24 hour, 7 days a week contract with a cleaning included insuring your system from expensive repairs and runs as efficiently as possible while giving you the peace of mind and comfort you deserve.
- National Grid is a foreign-owned company and one of the largest investor-owned energy companies in the world. This means their profits go overseas, taking money and jobs away from the United States.
You can read and learn more at sites like these:www.AmericanEnergyCoalition.com